A demonstration was requested for a tractor mounted rear sweeper with collector and gulley brush
(HKM 12540M) by Lister Wilder. This turned out to be a large farmyard with office building, equipment sheds, barns, stables and horse manège. During the summer months
it is more presentable but during the winter, when wet and damp, the whole area becomes dirty and muddy.
Lister Wilder’s Kubota STW40 tractor, proved to be the ideal power unit to demonstrate our sweeper, as the gulley brush and collector box could be operated by one
set spool valve and the sweeper by the power take off. Care was taken to ensure the sweeper was adjusted for level, both side to side and fore and aft.
After a quick demonstration, the customer then used the sweeper on the more difficult areas, such as the horse ménage sand, raised kerb edges and mud left behind by tractor movements.
The conclusions from the demonstration were easily summarised.
1. Brilliant result, performance exceeded the customer’s expectations.
2. The gulley brush gives ‘kerb appeal’.
3. Collects manège sand and compacted mud, as well as most of the light detritus and straw.
4. The 1.5m sweeper will be more suitable rather than the 1.25m as demonstrated.
5. Happy customer! The whole area can now be kept clean and weed free without chemicals and the gulley brush offers ‘kerb appeal’ around the whole site.