Ripagreen Weed Control from Kersten
Item Code: News 34
Kersten to launch new weed control product at Saltex 2019
The unique High Velocity Heating System designed by Ripagreen insures speed, comfort and efficiency for all your thermal weed control operations.
The Ripagreen system may be used in a similar way the a knapsack sprayer but provides many advantages.
- Ripagreen is effective when applied in the rain.
- Ripagreen may be applied in moderate wind conditions.
- Ripagreen system does not require specialist qualifications or licencing to apply it.
Thermal weed control should be used as part of an integrated weed control system and may be considered “chemical free”.
The Ripagreen Technology
The use of heat to control unwanted plant growth has been around for many years and was certainly in use before the widespread use of inorganic chemicals.
A common misconception is that the plant has to be visibly scorched before it will suffer. The fact is, a plant leaf only has to be briefly exposed to a temperature of around 80°C to suffer terminal damage.
This exposure to severe heat bursts the cells in the plant leaf. This in turn renders the plant incapable of converting light energy in to chemical energy (Photosynthesis) effectively causing starvation.
Further thought and research on this subject will reveal this method is most effective on young, fleshy, hungry plants rather than old established woody plants, which may have sufficient amounts of stored energy in their stems and roots to overcome temporary food shortages.
The Ripagreen technology utilises simple propane gas combustion alongside a natural air pressure differential effect (venturi) to surround the targeted weed with a high velocity of heated gas (air). The large amounts of air being passed through the lance ensure that the lance is safe to touch. This patented technology ensures maximum effect using the minimum amount of fuel.
The innovation and goal to make this an effective weed control solution does not end there. Ripagreen have developed every detail of their products to be simple to use and comfortable to operate. Operator effort, fatigue and discomfort is reduced to an absolute minimum when the unique Ripagreen kits are used.
Three styles of storage and application systems are currently available.
1) EASY KIT - Consists of a trolley which mounts the 13kg LPG fuel cylinder and provides a support for the thermal hand lance. The trolley may be pushed or pulled. The thermal lance includes a 4 metre gas hose and may be used two handed to work around the trolley.
2) MOBILITY KIT - Consists of a high specification backpack to support the Ripagreen Mini thermal lance for one hand operation and a light weight LPG cylinder with 5kg capacity. The whole kit with a full gas cylinder weighs less than 12kg.
3) AUTONOMY KIT - Consists of vehicle mounting system for the LPG cylinder with a 15 metre automatic hose reel and a Ripagreen thermal lance.
Ripgreen Kits start at £1995.00 available from Kersten UK Ltd
Kersten are inviting interest from UK dealers to distribute Ripagreen.